contact: 020 7898 4915 or 07958 034 181
Blog: freesoascleaners.blogspot.comThe occupation has issued a list of demands to SOAS management:
- We call on the directorate to request the secretary of state to immediately release the detainees and to prevent the deportation of the three cleaners who are still in detention in the UK.
- For the directorate to release a public statement condemning what has happened to the SOAS cleaners and calling for their immediate release and return.
- To campaign for the return of the cleaners who have already been deported.
- To bring all contract staff in house. SOAS should not use contractors, ISS or others.
- To keep immigration officers from entering campus under ANY circumstances or other forms of collaboration with immigration or police. Universities are for education not for state violence and oppression.
- A year's wage as reparations for all detained and deported staff.
- To hold accountable SOAS managers who were complicit in facilitating the raid and detention of the cleaners, refusing to aid a sick worker and a pregnant woman.
- To reinstate Jose Stalin Bermudez, the SOAS UNISON branch chair.
- To respect the right to organise in Trade Unions unimpeded.
- To provide space and resources for a public meeting to build support for the SOAS 9 and other migrants, in education and beyond, affected by immigration control and racism.
- Amnesty for all involved